Truly manhandling! Yes it’s with reference to a mobile app. In this technological era mobile application holds a major impact. Every single job may be a small scale industry to multinational company relies on mobile app and web applications. Mobile app is interesting since it’s a combined effect of machines and software.
Around this globe smart phones have become an inseparable part of mankind. Starting a day with a alarm, music, social media, movies, tickets, pharmacy, news and what not all these has made quick and easier with the invention of smart phones. All these activities are accessible in single system called mobile that run on different operating platform. Mobile app as known is a software application that is feasible on wireless computing devices like tablets and smart phones.
Mobile app development works on concept of “think it and build it”. There are three types of mobile app development namely native, hybrid and web. Let’s dig in detail;
- Native Mobile App: Since it is developed for a particular platform it works more quickly and instinctively. Some of the native platforms include Apple’s iOS, Google’s Andriod, Windows Phone and other. They offer high grade user experience.
- Hybrid Mobile App: These apps are similar to that of native mobile app but they run on web browsers. Hybrid apps are apt for apps that deliver content. This fast and reliable mobile app has greater capacity streamlining development process.
- Web Apps: This app is built using programming languages and can’t be sold in app store. Any website when accessed in mobile devices switch to different design.
Some of the other cross platform mobile platforms include Xamarin, Adobe PhoneGap, Appcelerator, Kony, Appery.io and other.
There are about million apps developed each in Apple’s App and Google Play Store. The development of mobile app is quite interesting and is similar to that of software development lifecycle. To implement your ideas into reality, mobile app development requires quality pre-planning. Simple method of mobile app development includes steps like developing, testing and submitting it into the app store. The other detailed method includes up-front design, QA testing on device, usability test, full beta lifecycle and deployment in some other ways. Now let us look at the phases involved in app development cycle;
- Research: You got an idea! Put it on reality. In the process of preparing a blueprint of your idea make sure that the primary analysis contains demographics, patterns, execution design and other perspective based on usage of end users. During the research period make sure you keep the end product in mind and the way customer operates with your app. This phase also involve the analysis of usage and competition in the specific business field. To make an app stand out, reference of competitive app give you detailed idea of required features and modifications that are to be added in your app.
- Wireframing: It is a phase in which we create a layout on web page which demonstrates how your idea is going to be interfaced or implemented. This part is mainly involved in interaction design process. This phase is required to understand future functionality. Any technical limitations found in back end development process can be detected in this phase. One should create a sequential stepwise storyboard to demonstrate the connection between each screen and how the customer can navigate through the app.
- Technical Feasibility: After the process of designing your idea and layout you should have knowledge whether the application is feasible technically or not. To accomplish this you need to get access to public data. An app working on different format like smart phone, tablets, wearable and different platforms prefer different requirements.
- Prototype: You cannot conclude the success of app until touch experience and work flow is tested. A prototype is necessary to get the app concept into the end user and see how the app is working. In this phase use rough wireframe and include stakeholders for feasible developing process.
- Designing of Mobile App: This phase involves quality coding. The main concerns in this phase are UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) design. Design phase includes multi-steps and various review stages. The outcome of your app development, interaction and design depend on the app budget and project scope. Create one or more screen variations by playing with the navigation layout, buttons and other visual elements.
- Develop: This phase describes the scope of the project. During the initial stage of app it contains heavy bugs. The second stage mainly concentrates on functionality, light testing and bug fixing. When the app undergoes multiple testing and bugs are fixed it is ready for deployment phase. In this phase the application is broken down into smaller modules, this is achieved with flexible planning, progressive development, deployment and constant improvement.
- Testing: In this phase of app development one should refer from the scratch of the development cycle and planning documents for stepwise testing. A mobile application should be tested for usability, compatibility, interface checks, security and performance. Testing helps to find out whether is app is functioning well in real world situations and ensures quality user experience.
- Deployment: This is the ending process of app development. After the successful development and testing the app at this stage will be ready to submit. Every app after submission requires updates and feedbacks for further incorporation of new features.
These are the phase that an app development goes through. Mobile app has taken major parts in our day to day life. To leverage businesses from small budget to high profit company, mobile app also play a major role.
In Altorum Leren, we offer high quality mobile app development services that meet all the customer requirements.